Ilex seeks to maximise the value of Ebrington and to reinvest the development proceeds into the implementation of the Regeneration Plan, to provide long term economic benefits for the area.
On 3 July 1846 the Londonderry Standard carried a Notice to Builders for “the erection of a Barrack Master’s House … which is to be completed on or before the 30th day of April 1847”. Ebrington’s first Barrack Master was John Noah Gosset, an accomplished painter who produced a very attractive series of oil and water colour paintings of Derry and Donegal which are owned by Derry City Council.
Located on the south side of Ebrington Square overlooking the River Foyle, the Barrack Master’s House has a walled garden within the Star Fort. It has also been known as the Admiral’s House.
This building is currently under development.