Ilex seeks to maximise the value of Ebrington and to reinvest the development proceeds into the implementation of the Regeneration Plan, to provide long term economic benefits for the area.
Dating from 1841, Building 49 was purpose built as a military hospital. It has a yard to the rear and side of the building enclosed within the Star Fort structure. Early maps refer to the yard as the ‘magazine’. During World War II the building housed the Women’s Royal Naval Service (Wrens) and at one time was called Kent.