Ilex seeks to maximise the value of Ebrington and to reinvest the development proceeds into the implementation of the Regeneration Plan, to provide long term economic benefits for the area.
Constructed between 1853 and 1873, Building 57 abuts the Star Fort wall. Its current configuration suggests that it has been used as a dispatch facility.
Adjacent to the Officers’ Quarters (Building 63), Building 59 was purpose built as stables for officers’ horses. The stables abut the Star Fort wall. The 1848 and 1853 site maps show stables behind Building 63, beside a “racket court”. The 1873 map shows an outline of the building, suggesting the stables were planned, but not yet complete.