Ilex seeks to maximise the value of Ebrington and to reinvest the development proceeds into the implementation of the Regeneration Plan, to provide long term economic benefits for the area.
The second site extension in 1895 necessitated a larger Officers’ Mess. The double fronted redbrick Mess was constructed in Colonial Villa style between 1895 and 1904.
When first constructed, the Mess had tennis courts to the rear which were replaced in the 1930s by a large L-shaped extension including a ballroom and accommodation block (Building 83).
An additional extension to the side of the Mess was added in the 1940s. The original structure is listed but the extensions are not.