Known as ‘the keep’, Building 30 is situated between two courtyards which together are known as ‘the oval yard’ at the western wall of the Star Fort. The keep was built ca. 1900 and the courtyards on both sides of it have excellent potential for meanwhile use.
The keep is a single storey listed building with a gross internal floor area of ca. 1,109 sq ft (103 sq m). The courtyards measure ca. 2,874 sq ft (267 sq m) and 2,432 (226 sq m) and could lend themselves to cultural / tourism related use.